Girls State Swim & Dive Information
The WIAA is scheduled to host the Girls State Swimming and Diving Championships on November 12th-13th at the King County Aquatic Center (KCAC) in Federal Way. KCAC's COVID-19 guidelines include limiting the total number of individuals allowed in the facility during an event. Our focus remains on maximizing the number of student-athletes allowed to participate in the meet which necessitates that only participants, coaches, officials and essential staff will be admitted.
We want to highlight a few key items related to the event.
Proof of Vaccination will not be required for athletes, coaches, officials and tournament personnel.
It is the responsibility of WIAA staff to ensure that athletes, member schools, event personnel, and the Association as a whole, are protected at any WIAA state event. Through the fall, we have worked closely with KCAC staff to structure this event to meet this responsibility. It is important that coaches work with their athletes to understand these general safety measures that will be in place during the event.
- Masking of coaches, event staff, and athletes while not competing
- Masks must be worn by everyone regardless of vaccination status and worn in all areas of the facility except when swimming or taking a shower
- Athletes wear masks up to the point of entering the pool and don them after exiting the water. There will be tables on deck to facilitate this
- Physical Distancing – strict physical distancing that will necessitate some changes to past protocols
- Due to KCAC Covid protocols, No spectators will be allowed in the venue
- Should an athlete arrange for or open doors to allow an individual into the venue who is not a participant, coach, official, or essential staff registered for a session, the athlete will be disqualified from the remainder of the competition
- Should a coach arrange for or open doors to allow an individual into the venue who is not a participant, coach, official, or essential staff registered for a session, the coach will be disqualified from the remainder of the competition
- One hour scheduled between sessions to ensure safe transition from one session to the next
- No awards ceremony during finals